Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 5


A great day from beginning to end. I took the opportunity to ride along with a couple of the ladies from my division today while they did work in the field. I met some amazing people, not to mention I got to witness a 2 piece band play on a sandy storm wall as a thunderstorm approached. It was beautiful and dramatic! They played beautiful dixie, ragtime and jazz. I loved it! After this we went out to lunch at the Half Shell and had the most amazing food! We shared charbroiled oysters, I had seafood linguini with artichokes and capers, and then we all shared a bananas fosters cheesecake with vanilla wafer crust! WHEW!! Delicious!!

Then we got to hang out with the most innovative and well organize team I've met. They were so professional and the atmosphere in there work area was creative and open. We ended up having pizza with all of them at the end of the night, sharing stories and laughs. I met one guy who had an amazing story! He was mostly deaf as a kid, joined the military, retired after 21 years, and is now the CEO of a huge multi-business agency, speaks more than 5 languages, owns 7 or 8 houses, and is writing or working on 7 screen plays! How amazing. I could get used to this. Unfortunately I don't think I will have much time in the field after this week.

1 comment:

  1. Um, thank goodness you've started to post again. I was waiting and waiting. :)

    ReplyDelete