Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 4

Whew! We are into it now. I am in Mobile, AL. I checked into the command center, and I've started making my way around with the guy I am relieving. He will be here until next week, so I've got a few days to learn the ropes before I have all the responsibility. I prayed about meeting my division and that we would all make a good team and I really feel like my prayers were answered. We have some great people, all very personable and fun. They all seem very capable as well. A few minor personality conflicts exist, but that just keeps things interesting. I feel very blessed to have such a cool opportunity to be apart of history with such a fun job that interests me! Plus it keeps me busy. Hey, if you're gonna be away from home and not on your own terms, you might as well keep busy!
And I have finally moved into a nice hotel with a mini fridge and microwave! It feels good to unpack, stretch out and know that I am going to be in one place for a while.
I was challenged by my mom to try to keep up with my recipe theme on the blog by doing innovative, healthy recipes you can make while staying at a hotel. I am up for the challenge! I don't have any ideas yet, and I don't know how much time I'll have to do it, but the gears are turning.
It is getting a little bit harder to be away from my husband. I miss him! I find my mind drifting to him whenever I see a couple together or when getting ready for bed.
Now that I am here I am trying to establish a routine for meals, bible study and exercise. Oh yeah.. and school work and doula certification and knitting! All while working 12hrs a day. Easy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment